My teaching philosophy is that all students are unique and require a stimulating educational environment in which they can delve into their natural curiosity to grow. It is my goal to create a safe atmosphere in which students are comfortable and willing to put themselves out there even if it means failing the first time around.
I believe that I must model the behavior I want to see in my students. I make a point to walk into my classroom every day with an open mind, positive attitude, and desire to learn. I teach from a place of love and work hard to develop a positive relationship with each of my students. Most importantly I value each of them and set high expectations.
I think students should be able to have choices and let their innate wonder direct their learning. Students should be given opportunities to practice skills and technology should be used to enhance the process.
I use technology daily to help my students keep themselves organized, aware of the expectations, and excited about science. I have a class website for resources, use Google Classroom for day to day lessons, and this year I have started up a class Instagram to keep my students thinking about the activities we did even when they leave school.
In Wrangell, a large percentage of students will travel for several days to participate in athletics/activities so using technology gives students the ability to stay up to date while they are away. It also places the responsibility on my students to know what they are missing and to come to class prepared when they return to school.
In addition to using technology to keep us connected, I teach my students basic computer skills and etiquette that will help them navigate the online world as they move forward in life.
I believe that I must model the behavior I want to see in my students. I make a point to walk into my classroom every day with an open mind, positive attitude, and desire to learn. I teach from a place of love and work hard to develop a positive relationship with each of my students. Most importantly I value each of them and set high expectations.
I think students should be able to have choices and let their innate wonder direct their learning. Students should be given opportunities to practice skills and technology should be used to enhance the process.
I use technology daily to help my students keep themselves organized, aware of the expectations, and excited about science. I have a class website for resources, use Google Classroom for day to day lessons, and this year I have started up a class Instagram to keep my students thinking about the activities we did even when they leave school.
In Wrangell, a large percentage of students will travel for several days to participate in athletics/activities so using technology gives students the ability to stay up to date while they are away. It also places the responsibility on my students to know what they are missing and to come to class prepared when they return to school.
In addition to using technology to keep us connected, I teach my students basic computer skills and etiquette that will help them navigate the online world as they move forward in life.

Comments
Post a Comment